lost light // Friday, May 6, 2016
|
12:31 AM |
Today marked the end of Year 2 in LASALLE. It has been an arduous year, I wouldn't lie about it and I probably died many times. But it has also ironically, been the year that has given me countless openings. Wouldn't go on listing them but I truly enjoyed the ride (as Gerald would often tell me to). It's been crazy, and I know I could have made it crazier, in a good way. The one general thing across the board that my teachers are telling me basically is, don't be afraid to fail. Don't be afraid to make mistakes and don't be afraid to make a bold choice and step out of my comfort zone. I wish someone could help me, because I know of this problem but wanting to take a further step seems impossible, even with my conscious effort of wanting to change this habit. I wish someone could understand this dilemma I am facing- and that someone is facing the same issue as I am. In truth I am lost and confused. When asked how hungry I am for my art, how much I am willing to sacrifice, and how far I am willing to go for my art- I am speechless. I do not have the confidence to answer. Because I don't know. How much do I want this? Floating midair is really not serving me well. Is it always necessary to always want to be the best in order to succeed? I feel so alone in this. It feels like everyone in class is extremely competitive, outwardly shown or not. It scares me that nobody is truly in this with me. Yay to three months of summer break- no I am not gonna let loose. It is time to catch up and be ready for my grad year because I will fight for whatever's left. It is my last chance to prove myself, and to prove to myself. Ari, why theatre? "You can stay in my Comfort Zone for the time being where everything is safe. You don't have to worry about anything, ANYTHING that you're afraid of because they don't exist here." |

Older entries