Second best // Wednesday, November 20, 2013
|
12:36 PM |
What you once said suddenly reappears in my mind, "If in my pursuit of getting what I want, what I deem best, is so difficult and there's an easier alternative waiting for me, then why not go for it instead?" NO. Never, never, never settle for second best. Nothing is ever out of reach. It all depends on how much you're willing to put in to achieve it. If you want something you never had, you got to do something you never did. Wasn't referring to anything in particular- grades, relationships, dreams. But life, in general. Yazhen couldn't be more right. I was not even 10% as positive as I am now, two years back. I was a girl who conformed to societal expectations, who beats up herself when she falls short of them, and faults herself for every single imperfection. But I am no longer that girl. I may still hate my life and every shit that gets thrown at me, but I love myself now more than I ever did. Thankfully. Looking back at my 2011 posts...I really don't know what to make out of this feeling. Who was I back then? Who am I now? |

Older entries